This month Lancôme is launching two new exciting lash products, Monsieur Big Extreme Black Mascara and Cils Booster Lash Revitalizing Serum. When it comes to lashes, I always want thicker and bigger finish so let’s explore the newness!
Monsieur Big Extreme Black Mascara
I love Monsieur Big Mascara, it gives my lashes lots of volume and length. You can check out my reviews here and here. This year, Monsieur Big takes things further with carbon black boosted formula, the darkest black pigment ever made by Lancôme!
- Contains ultra-black iron oxide, enriched with carbon black pigments
- Big iconic Monsieur Big brush
- Contains supple waxes and binding polymers to boost volume
- Creamy, glide-on formula
- Soft, wavy fibres hug and coat every lash
- 24 hours wear
- No flaking, clumping or smudging
The big brush coats all my lashes effortlessly and super fast. Honestly, I’m still in awe of the length and volume that the mascara offers. And boy it is extremely black, literally makes any eyeshadows I wear POP. Also none of my black eyeliners can compete with the intense black neither.
The finish is lightweight and comfortable to wear. I’m happy to report that there is no flaking or smudging on my oily lids. My lashes stay lifted and curled which is amazing. Finally, it’s super easy to remove at the end of wear.
Alongside Monsieur Big Extreme Black Mascara, I’m excited to see the launch of Cils Booster Lash Revitalizing Serum! My lashes are short and sparse (joy of getting older!) hence I have been supplementing it with lash serum for the last few years. I’m eager to give this a try!
Cils Booster Lash Revitalizing Serum
- Fortifying formula enriched with four most concentrated amino acids found naturally in lashes: arginine, glutamic acid, proline and serine
- Contains hyaluronic acid, rose stem cells and madecassoside (cica) to nurture lashes
- Ultra fine applicator to allow precise application
- Housed in a beautiful gold ampoule
- Ophthalmologist tested and suitable for sensitive eyes
Now let’s talk a bit about science of hair. Both our lashes and hair are primarily composed of keratin, which consists mainly of amino acids. Lancôme selected four most concentrated amino acids found naturally in lashes and added hyaluronic acid, rose stem cells and madecassoside (tiger grass) to create a fortifying, protecting and nurturing formula. The concentrated formula works to give damaged lashes the turnaround they need.
This is a twice a day application. Simply draw along the lashline, from root to the top. There’s a short 90 seconds wait before you can apply makeup. The applicator is flexible and manoeuvres along the contour of the lash line precisely.
I haven’t used the serum long enough to comment on the efficacy yet but I love the ingredient list. I shall update after 4 weeks.
Much love always,