December is nothing without all the sparkles and glitters! I thought it is highly appropriate to put Hourglass Ambient® Metallic Strobe Highlighting Palette on the spotlight today.
For Holiday 2017, along with the Ambient® Lighting Edit Volume 3 Palette (reviewed here), Hourglass also released the Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette. This palette contains all 3 new shades and in a new formula. Personally, this makes the palette very appealing to me.
Some of you might know that I am a highlighter addict and a Hourglass fanatic. It’s not surprising that I needed this Limited Edition palette in my possession! I have had the palette for over 2 months and am ready to share my thoughts with you today.
What Hourglass Officials says:
• Formulated with intensely concentrated, multifaceted pearl particles in varying sizes and refraction levels to give the most reflective glow to the high points of the face
• The velvety texture ensures a smooth application as it glides across skin to reveal your most intense, amplified highlight
• Concentrated formula utilizes Photoluminescent Technology to intensify the way light reflects on the skin
• Vegan & gluten free
• .116 OZ / 3.3 G (x3)
The powders are formulated without:
• Not tested on animals
- Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder – Absolute Strobe Light: a warm soft peachy pink with a metallic sheen
- Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder – Pure Strobe Light: a warm pale yellow gold with metallic sheen
- Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder – Lucent Strobe Light: a rose gold with metallic finish
I really like the formula of these Metallic Strobe Lighting Powders. The powders are finely milled with a creamy and smooth texture. There is very little powder kick-up with these compared to other Hourglass powders. All three powders are pigmented and very blendable. They meld into your skin without leaving harsh streaks.
I love the wet strobing look I can achieve with the Metallic Strobe Lighting Powders, intense but not over the top finish! In this new formula, the powders contain much more pearlised particles than the original Strobe Lighting Powders, giving you a beaming glow. Be assured that there is no visible glitters, yet they are highly reflective, very pretty! You can use them individually or mixed together of course. They impart such a beautiful, effortless three dimensions to your skin.
You can build up the opacity as desired without emphasising your pores or imperfections. The powders feel nice and light on my skin. I feel that peeps with dry skin would also like this formula as they are creamy enough not to make your skin looks powdery. They last around 6 hours on my oily skin.
You can use the Metallic Strobe Lighting Powders wet or dry. Using it wet would yield a much more intense metallic look that could possibly emphasise your natural skin textures.
The Bottom Line:
I always enjoy purchasing these types of palettes. They are a fantastic way to try several products from a brand. They are also so convenient to take with you on travels. I love that Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette contains all new shades. I am super impressed with the magnificent wet glow I can achieve with the powders. If you love intense strobing effects, you would love this palette.
You can find Hourglass Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting palette here | £59
Have you picked up any of the Holiday palettes from Hourglass this year?
Thank you for being here today!
Much love always,