Rodial is a luxury brand that I have tried and loved for so many years (detailed here and here). Founded by Maria Hatzistefanis in 1999, the brand has continuously releasing some solid and well coveted products. Today I’d like to share with you what I have been enjoying from Rodial.
Suede Lips | £22
I have tried Rodeo Drive previously and loved the formula. I was sent three shades: Melrose Avenue, Big Apple and Calabasas. All three shades are gorgeous nudes that I can see myself reaching for everyday.
L-R: Rodeo Drive, Big Apple, Calabasas, Melrose Avenue
If you follow me on Instagram, you’d know I love lip crayons! They are so easy to use, line and fill your lips with them. They are also extremely portable, fabulous for touch-ups and travels. The formula of these Rodial Suede Lips is absolutely wonderful, non-drying soft matte finish which is right up my street. They glide on my lips effortlessly without tugging or skipping. All shades are pigmented and long lasting.
- Melrose Avenue: a beautiful warm light terracotta. A nude that would go with any looks.
- Big Apple: Inspired by the confident, independent city woman, Big Apple is a beautiful soft burgundy berry colour.
- Casabasas: a light peachy nude. Pure LOVE!
- Rodeo Drive: a rich orange red and is perfect for glamming up your look.
The Icons Collection Palette| £65
Rodial makes some of my Holy Grail powders, so when I saw a palette with all those iconic powders I was very excited!
The large and slim face palette features a collection of 8 complexion powders. It includes 2 contour shades, 2 highlighters, 1 bronzer, 1 blush, and 2 setting powders with two new and exclusive shades, Contour Medium and Soho Blush. You definitely have everything you need in one place for a flawless face!
The Icons Collection includes:
- Contour Light: My HG contour powder! It’s matte and has a perfect grey undertone for a natural enhancement. It’s buildable and extremely blendable. My true love!
- Contour Medium NEW: Matte finish, warmer than Contour Light with the same texture, finely milled and silky to the touch.
- Bronzer: Matte finish and has a subtle red undertone that adds a natural sun-kissed colour to the complexion.
- Blusher – Soho NEW: Beautiful warm toned soft peach colour powder with a smooth, creamy feel for a velvety finish.
- Highlighter Gold 07: A warm toned, medium golden highlighter
- Highlighter 06: A metallic cool pale light gold. The finish is luminous without emphasising my skin texture. I sometimes mix this and Gold 07 for a customised shade.
- Banana: This mattifying powder can both set your makeup and contour your face by the ‘baking’ make-up trend. This baby and the Banana Lowlighter are match made in heaven for a brightened and radiant look.
- Translucent HD: Helps to blur imperfections, refines the skin’s texture and absorbs shine for a long-lasting matte finish.
I have four of the powders in singles and I can confirm that the texture and quality are the same. So this is a great way to try all of Rodial powders. All powders are finely milled and smooth to the touch. The blendability and pigmentation are amazing. They tend to last well on my oily skin, past 6 hours.
It’s a fabulous on-the-go palette. Sometimes, when time is of the essence, I’d use the powders for a quick eye-look, works a treat!
Banana Lowlighter | £38
I have watched numerous videos of Lydia Millen where she raved about the glorious Rodial Banana Lowlighter. Without fail, my jaw dropped every single time! The transformation is magical! I knew I had to try it someday!
The Banana Lowlighter is a creamy fluid that can be used to create a ‘lit from within glow’. It provides a softer highlight to the complexion, gives a healthy radiance to the skin without a strong shimmer effect. The texture is incredible, light and creamy! It blends out seamlessly. I find the warm, yellow undertone helps to brighten and colour correcting the under eye dark circles effectively. You can also apply on tops of the cheekbones, bridge of nose, corners of the eyes, underneath the eyebrows and the cupids bow to provide a soft highlight to the skin, a flawless “no makeup” look!
With the light coverage and text, you can use it on top of a full coverage concealer to add greater luminosity to the skin. As mentioned earlier, together with the banana powder from the Icons Collection palette – it’s a match made in heaven! The combo would give you a healthy and radiant complexion! Seriously, I am IN LOVE!
So there you have it, my faves from Rodial Beauty! Some I have been enjoying for years and some I have fallen head over heels recently. I can not and will not let myself run out of the Banana Lowlighter! Highly recommend these!
Have you tried Rodial Beauty? What do you think of the Banana Lowlighter?
Thank you for being here today!
Much love always,
This post featured products that were generously provided for review consideration. As always, opinions are my own and unbiased.