Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio in Sunset has been a favourite of mine since I purchased it a good 3 months ago. I remember reading that it was a limited edition but I can still see it around in some places.
I have oily skin so as much as I like using cream products for a more natural look I normally avoid them. A friend of mine raved about this trio so much I had to try!
The trio contains a blush, bronzer, and highlighter housed in a sleek, signature Hourglass compact with a sizable mirror. It is more compact than their blush or ambient lighting powders trio, you can definitely fit it into your handbag for touch up.
Here is the close-up of the beauty:
Give your face a luminous wash of color using this luxe creme-to-satin finish palette featuring bronzer, blush and highlighter. This versatile trio provides everything you need for sheer definition and color. Formulated to seemingly melt into your skin, it gives your complexion an incredibly natural and radiant finish. The palette now includes all three products in a sleek signature Hourglass compact.
• Multi-tasking palette gives you all the essentials to define, brighten and highlight your face.
• Imparts a soft, natural finish to the skin that remains fresh without blotching or streaking.
• Weightless cremes are highly blendable and mistake-proof, resulting in an effortlessly natural look.
• Neutral bronzer creates a natural tan, subtly bronzing and defining the face.
• Sheer rose blush gives soft and universally flattering color to the cheeks.
• Champagne highlighter creates a luminous glow without heavy glitter or shimmer.
• Sheer formula is buildable in color without feeling heavy on the skin.
• Can be blended together to create custom shades.
• Portable palette is ideal for travel and easy touchups during the day.
• Improved formula allows for more even application
The product actually lives up to all the advertised claims. Although I find the blush is a pinky coral which is actually perfect for summer months. The bronzer indeed has a neutral tone so I can use to “contour” my face. Personally, I think the bronzer would only suit light to medium skin tones. The highlighter is slightly too deep for my liking but beautiful nevertheless. All three are very easy to apply, blendable and extremely lightweight. The amazing thing is that they do not cake or crease on my oily skin! I have been using the Illume Trio almost every other days since I got it. On a really hot day, I would set all shades with a similar powder products to help with the longevity. On me all shades last around 6-7 hours.
I feel like I need to stress that the Hourglass Illume Trio in Sunset is one of my absolute favourite products. I did consider a back-up but resisted as cream products do go off quicker.
So the bottom line is if you can still find the Hourglass Illume Color Trio in Sunset, grab it!:)
Do you prefer cream products over powder counterparts? What’s you favourite cream product?
Until next time beauties,
Much love always,
This post featured purchased item. My opinions expressed here are honest and unbiased.