AD-PR SAMPLES/AFFILIATED LINKS
I had the pleasure of previewing SUQQU Autumn Winter Collection at the end of June and I have been thoroughly enjoying the items that were sent to me.
Inspired by gyokuju, the Japanese word that refers to a noble tree but also a person of beauty and integrity, this collection embodies simplicity, strength and warmness. The new SUQQU AW21 Colour Collection is packed full of natural yet bold shades for a chic Autumnal look.
Here’s an exciting new addition with a much welcomed sustainability initiative. The Sheer Matte Lipstick comes in 13 gorgeous shades. What makes the formula special is that the soft matte base is created with two types of spherical powders – the Smooth Bead Powder and porous Fit Bead Powder. These work together to create a luxuriously smooth matte finish with a light texture.
The lipstick itself comes with a small resin cap and the lid is sold separately (£3) for an easily reusable and refillable experience. I love the sustainability aspects that SUQQU has started introducing with the recent launches.
The new Sheer Matte Lipsticks are embossed with SUQQU’s new chic & elegant brand icon (reminds me a little of my favourite infinity sign). I adore the black case with gold accent, super chic and luxurious.
Below are the 13 shades, 10 permanent and 3 limited edition shades.
- 01 Yamazakura – Natural rose
- 02 Hagikaze – Sophisticated pink beige
- 03 Seigyoku – Fuchsia orchid-pink
- 04 Kougyokuiro – A deep, mineral red
- 05 Shiinomi – Intense tangerine brown
- 06 Juhi – Warm tea brown
- 07 Koikurumi – Rich walnut brown for an autumnal look
- 08 Benimurasaki – Chic royal purple
- 09 Maakairo – A pure red
- 10 Kogareaka – A warm red mixed with brown
- Limited Edition 101 Hakucha – Creamy maple-beige that gives an effortless elegance, such a timeless nude shade
- Limited Edition 102 Kohakutou – muted orange
- Limited Edition 103 Gyokujuiro – Coffee-brown, a fab nude for deeper skin tone
Out of the 13 shades, I have 06 and 101, both colours are easy for everyday use with a chic and sophisticated finish. The formula is really lovely, a gentle soft matte finish. The texture is thin, smooth and creamy which allows it to glide on my lips without tugging. I find the shape of the bullet allows a precise application without the need of a lip liner. The coverage can be natural and sheer or is easily buildable for a bolder look. As expected from SUQQU, they feel really comfortable on, not at all drying. The longevity is amazing too.
In this launch, two new limited-edition shades join the iconic Signature Color Eyes shadow quads. The colour combinations add rich Autumnal colours to define your eyes.
- Limited Edition 106 Saegi / Pistachio Brown x Warm Brown – A light brown palette inspired by the trees in Autumn
- Limited Edition 107 Tsuyukiri / Mauve Pink x Gray Brown – A dusky, blue brown palette for a trendy look
I wasn’t sent these however I love the new formula of these eyeshadows. Both palettes feature beautiful Autumnal tones. 106 looks super gorgeous.
These single eyeshadows are housed in cute and luxurious compacts, they have a magnetic mechanism that helps them stack together. Now there are two limited-edition shades joining the line up. The new shades are inspired by the rich colours of the night-time and morning light, they adorn the eyes with a delicate and mesmerising sparkles.
- Limited Edition 107 Yoishizuku / Night Gold – Iridescent and alluring, this shadow is packed with gold shimmer and specks of pink and green light
- Limited Edition 108 Akeshizuku / Sunrise Pink – Lush and mellow, this pink base is complemented with blue and silver
I have shade 107 and it’s a perfect green gold resembling the autumn leaf. The texture is buttery smooth. The application is really easy, simply press on the eyelids and gently blend the edges using fingers. The finish is wet and sparkly. I can’t wait to wear it more during Autumn.
These ombré blushes are amazing, one of my absolute favourite blush formulas. This Autumn Winter, there are two limited-edition deep and earthy shades joining the range.
- Limited Edition 128 Kuchiha / Brown Red x Tea Beige – A red-brown that gives you a flush of winter with one sweep
- Limited Edition 129 Fuyukodachi / Blush Brown x Soft Pink – A pinkish brown that subtle accentuates your facial features
I have shade 129 and it’s gorgeous. The left side is perfect for adding warmth and subtle contouring whilst the coral pink on the right side adds a pop of colour to the cheeks. The powder is firmly packed and doesn’t have much kick-up. I love how it blends so effortlessly and seamlessly.
Finally, there are four new limited-edition Nail Colour Polish shades (not available at Selfridges).
- Limited Edition 134 Hashimo / Ash Green – Dusky green for a chic finish
- Limited Edition 135 Ichougari / Chestnut – Yellow-brown chestnut colour with a gentle warmth
- Limited Edition 136 Mitsuiro / Sheer Maple – A deep, rich red-brown
- Limited Edition 137 Shibakozue / Dark Walnut – Dark brown that is rich and sophisticated
Will you be checking this collection out?
Much love always,