AD – PRESS SAMPLES/AFFILIATED LINKS
I had the pleasure to preview the new SUQQU Spring Summer 2022 Collection at the end of November 2021. They have been residing on my vanity table ever since and I’ve had a real good play with them. Please read on for all the details of the collection.
What’s in SUQQU Spring Summer 2022 Colour Collection?
- NEW Melting Powder Blush: 8 shades
- Signature Color Eyes: 2 permanent shades and 1 limited-edition shade
- Sheer Matte Lipsticks: 2 permanent shades and 2 limited-edition shades
- 3D Control Eyebrow: 1 limited-edition shade
- Nail Color Polish: 3 limited-edition shades
SUQQU Melting Powder Blush | £39
For me, this is the absolute star of the collection! A brand-new blush formula from SUQQU and I can confirm it’s an incredible one!
Firstly, the blush features the new packaging in line with the Signature Color Eyes, magnetic closing and luxurious gold rims. Pretty chic!
Secondly, I can’t describe how buttery soft the texture of these blushes are! Super fluffy and cushioning! It’s a beautiful cream to powder formula.
- Fluid pigment: smooth and comfort feel, no chalkiness
- Wet texture
- Seamless finish
- Highly pigmented and long-lasting
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Unique fluffy texture
There are 8 shades available. I learnt that each unique shade is built on the three base colours of the skin – black, red and yellow – to ensure a natural-looking blend with the skin. They include small pearl pigments, which allows for delicate blending and your natural radiance to still shine through.
- 01 – Mizuwa / Sheer Purple – This unique purple gives the skin glow and luminosity; use to highlight the cheekbones.
- 02 – Haruoto / Mauve Pink – A blue undertone pink for a touch of beautiful colour, perfect for the spring.
- 03 – Koimeguri / Coral Pink – A warm, bright orange-pink that brightens up any look.
- 04 – Sumiro / Pink Beige – A sophisticated pink that provides a neutral flush of colour.
- 05 – Yawasora / Beige – A deeper shade for an effortlessly chic look.
- 06 – Yuubae / Orange – Banish dullness with this lively and bright orange shade.
- 07 – Yoirushi / Red – A chic red that includes a hint of purple.
- 08 – Tomoshibi / Brown – This shade can be used for creating contours or for a flush of colour, enhancing the natural dimensions of the cheekbones.
I’m literally obsessed with this new formula. The blushes are so pigmented therefore make sure you tap off all the excess before applying to your cheeks. That said, the coverage is very buildable, you can go as sheer or build up the intensity as you wish. They blend beautifully and meld into my skin immediately, the finish is silky-smooth, seamless and natural looking. Also, they are super long lasting and there’s minimal fading after 8 hours of wear.
Signature Color Eyes | £48
Next, we have two new permanent shades and one new limited-edition joining SUQQU much-loved Signature Color Eyes range, featuring soft shades of spring flowers and light.
- 07 – Benisaki / Spicy Pink x Grey – This shimmering pink and soft grey combination provides a bold colour story. Highlight with the unique yellow gold for a unique finish.
- 08 – Kazenade / Orange x Peacock Green – A bright, fresh orange complemented with a deep blue-green shade, with soft beige and brown shimmer tones.
- 112 – Hoshiimama / Glitter x Neutral Brown – This limited-edition combination contains three glitter finishes, that can be layered or used individually for range of playful looks.
Sheer Matte Lipsticks | £33
By now, we are all in love with SUQQU Sheer Matte Lipsticks which made their debut in AW 2021 Collection here. In this collection, there are two new permanent and two new limited-edition shades joining the Sheer Matte Lipstick range.
- 11 – Shunrai – A nude pink
- 12 – Nagaretsuki – A bright almond brown with a hint of red, for a sophisticated look.
- 106 – Hanaarashi – This limited-edition bright berry is perfect for a fun, springtime finish.
- 107 – Oubai – A limited-edition, unique translucent orange-yellow.
I have been testing 11 and it’s a BEAUTIFUL nude pink. On me, it’s a MLBB shade, effortlessly chic and elegant. It offers a semi-matte and lightweight finish. The texture is ultra comfortable and non-drying. You can build up coverage without it pilling up. The bullet shape provides precision and glides on my lips seamlessly.
SUQQU 3D Control Eyebrow | £39
I learnt about SUQQU 3D Control Eyebrow powders many moons ago via Lisa Eldridge, she highly recommended the powders as they give dimension and shape to your eyebrows in a very natural way.
There’s a new and limited-edition shade available in this launch.
- 101 – Orange Brown – containing a deep brown, an orange with red undertones, and a light translucent beige.
The powders are silky-soft yet there is no fall-out. This colour way is perfect for my recent hair highlight. I use the dark brown to shape and add intensity then the orange to blend and the beige shade to highlight my brow bones. It is really easy to create soft, feather-like strokes with the powders. I really love how sculpted yet natural the finish is. Side note, you can definitely use the included brush to apply.
Nail Color Polish | £18
Lastly, we have three clean, earthy limited-edition shades that reflect the spring-time colours.
- 139 – Hanagai – A limited-edition shell pink
- 140 – Murakumo – This limited-edition natural tea beige contains delicate multi-coloured glitter particles for a beautiful shimmer finish.
- 141 – Uguisu – A limited-edition greyish green combined with fine gold pearls for a soft, multi-dimensional look
A stunning collection from SUQQU! The new Melting Powder Blush is a must-try.
SUQQU Spring Summer 2022 Colour Collection will be available from 20th January exclusively at Selfridges, and from 3rd February at Harrods, Liberty London and Cult Beauty.
Much love always,