AD – PRESS SAMPLES/AFFILIATED LINKS
I’m always excited to preview SUQQU Pre Holiday Collection and this year is no exception, I’m ready for some sparkles and glam! This collection is inspired by a glistening winter scenery, think rain drops reflecting multidimensional colours of the city lights and ornaments.
What’s in SUQQU PRE HOLIDAY 2021?
- SIGNATURE COLOR EYES 108 IZANAIZUKI (Tempting Moon) – gold & moon brown
- SIGNATURE COLOR EYES 109 FUYUSHIZUKU (Winter Drop) – Bronze & Grayish Mauve
- POWDER BLUSH COMPACT 103 – 4 blushers & 2 highlighters
- SHEER MATTE LIPSTICK 104 KURACHA (Black Brown) – Dark Cacao
- SHEER MATTE LIPSTICK 105 SENSEKI (Red Flash) – Cherry Red
- VIBRANT RICH LIPSTICK 114 KOIYOI (Deep Evening) – Medium Brown
- VIBRANT RICH LIPSTICK 115 AWAZOME (Lightly Dyed) – Pale Beige
- EYELASH MASCARA WATERPROOF 105 – Pearl Green (Cult Beauty Exclusive)
- NAIL COLOR POLISH 138 KIRASHUU (Sparkle Nostalgy) – Night Black (Not sold at Selfridges)
Let’s start with the Signature Color Eyes! There are two palettes available:
- 108 IZANAIZUKI (Tempting Moon) – gold & moon brown
- 109 FUYUSHIZUKU (Winter Drop) – Bronze & Grayish Mauve
For this special collection, the packaging is adorned with beautiful golden glitters embedded within the glossy black packaging, representing the beautiful dark starry night. I have shade 109, a cool smoky colour story inspired by bright lights set against a silent winter night. The shadows have fab colour payoff with creamy textures. The shades are fabulous to create a modern smoky eye look, so easy and effortless!
Next we have the Powder Blush Palette and it’s possibly the star of the collection. The compact features 4 blushers & 2 highlighters, ranging from understated neutral to deep mauve for a variety of looks. Fans of SUQQU generally love these palettes as you can mix and customise your own shades or even use them as eyeshadows. Super versatile!
In line with the previous palettes, the powders have creamy and smooth textures. I find the shades really pigmented, easy to pick up and blend effortlessly. What I love about SUQQU powders is that they are never powdery and simply meld into the skin. The longevity is amazing on my combo skin, lasts well over 7 hours. I also feel that this palette would suit all skin tones, especially medium to dark.
This lipstick formula was introduced in the AW 2021 collection and it’s a winner. The new packaging is understated yet luxurious. The lipstick is also embossed with new SUQQU logo.
Two new shades in this collection are:
- 104 KURACHA (Black Brown) – Dark Cacao
- 105 SENSEKI (Red Flash) – Cherry Red
I was sent shade 105 and it’s a STUNNING cherry red. The shade would instantly brighten any complexion and definitely would turn heads. As mentioned, the formula is really lovely, a gentle soft matte finish. The texture is thin, smooth and creamy which allows it to glide on my lips without tugging. The coverage can be natural and sheer or is easily buildable for a bolder look. It feels really comfortable and lightweight on. The longevity is amazing too.
There are two shades available in this collection
- 114 KOIYOI (Deep Evening) – Medium Brown
- 115 AWAZOME (Lightly Dyed) – Pale Beige
If you’re a regular reader, you would know how much I love the formula of Vibrant Rich Lipsticks. They offer amazing colour payoff with a hydrating finish. I have shade 115 and it’s a light beige that doesn’t wash me out. It pairs well with a darker eye look.
We have a limited edition mascara in this collection, shade 105 which is a pearly green. The mascara is a Cult Beauty exclusive.
I’m pleasantly surprised how much I like the shade, especially pairing with the Signature Color Eyes 109. It’s actually quite wearable! I have tried and loved the mascara formula. I adore the slim wand that grabs even the shortest hair. It defines my lashes and offers lots of length without ANY clumping. My lashes stay lifted throughout wear which I appreciate. It doesn’t flake or only smudge slightly on my very oily eyelids! And the bonus is it’s easy to remove so no panda eyes!
Lastly, we have a nail polish in shade 138 KIRASHUU. It’s a sophisticated black shade with silvery shimmers resembling the deep black starry night sky.
Please note, the nail polish is not sold at Selfridges.
Will you be picking anything up from this collection?
Thanks for reading!
Much love always,