SUQQU has just launched an extensive and stunning Autumn/Winter 2019 colour collection! The key theme this collection explores is quietness in glamour & elegance that is more relaxed & down-tempo. The collection is inspired by Urushi, a Japanese version of an ancient type of lacquerware from the Far East. This autumn, SUQQU has selected to feature urumi, a shade which lies somewhere between red and black, and have adapted urumi into a dusky-toned color, with a fresh, moisture-rich look and feel.
There’s an exciting, brand-new single eyeshadow series – TONE TOUCH EYES with 15 stunning shades for you to feast your eyes on!
I’m super lucky to have all of the collection apart the the nail polishes to test and share with you. After playing with the collection for 2 weeks, I have lots of photos, all the swatches and full thoughts for you here. Please kindly read on!
SUQQU Pure Color Blush formula is one of the best formulas I have tried. Invariably, the texture is always smooth and silky. The powder blends effortlessly and seamlessly imparting healthy and elegant finish. Also they last well on my oil skin and fade away around the edges of my face gracefully. The gradient in each blush offers great versatility and you can easily customise your shade.
- 10 USUMOYA (Warm Rose & Tender Beige): Warm toned rose blusher combined with natural beige gives healthy glow & colour.
- 11 HANASUSU (Caramel Brown & Light Coral): This is a new shade and I’m so glad to see this addition to the range, love a bronzer and blush palette! The palette gives warmth & natural definitions with a pop of beautiful coral.
- 115 BENITSURARA (Garnet & Crystal Blue): This Limited edition blush is simply stunning! My favourite pick out of the three on offer. The blood red colour imparts a healthy flush. The icy blue adds sophistication, radiance and glow. I love using my finger to pick up the icy blue and apply on the highest points of my cheek bones. The colour pay off of the blush is fabulous. Simply unique and stunning blush offering from SUQQU!
I was asked by a few Instagram followers if the blushes were glittery and the answer is no. There are micro shimmers running through the pans but they don’t really translate on my skin and don’t accentuate skin textures or imperfections. You can see close-ups of the blushes (and swatch videos) on my Instagram Highlights under SUQQU here.
For AW19, SUQQU releases 3 new quads featuring smoky hue and iridescent shimmer for some understated elegance.
- 13 TSUKIKASUMI : muted purple with light bronze and warm gold sparkles, beautiful and sophisticated look
- 14 IROURUSHI : Soft copper brown, shimmering red and muted green. My favourite quad out of the three palettes. Love the alluring and chic finish you can achieve with this palette, the muted green works beautifully as a crease shade.
- 126 AORYUUSEI : if you normally can’t rock blue glitters but would like to then this palette is for you! You can layer the blue glitter over the grey shade for this beautiful smoky blue look. The purple shade is smouldering and mesmerising.
If you’ve had a enough of warm, coral toned eyeshadows then you’re in for a treat! These palettes offer muted, wearable purples together with earthy tones and elegant shimmers.
The texture of the shadows are soft and silky. I love that they are pigmented and blend effortlessly. The shades in each palette truly complement each other to achieve such alluring and sophisticated looks. Also they last well on my oily lids (primed) too.
SUQQU launches this brand new single eyeshadow series and they are jaw-dropping gorgeous!
The packaging is super luxe with magnetic components and built-in mirror. It’s super cool that they attract and stack together. They are super sturdy too, trust me I’ve dropped them enough times during photo and testing sessions:)
The 15 shades come in three different finishes, FROST, SILK and STELLER.
The category comprises of 4 shades with a matte finish.
- 01 KAGEIRO: a beautiful chocolate-y brown. I can see this shade will be a workhorse for me, perfect for a crease shade.
- 02 AMAITOGE: a spicy, deep berry
- 03 HIYATSUKI: a sophisticated pale grey
- 04 SUKESUMI: a muted grey green
These matte eyeshadows are a dream to use. They blend effortlessly with great colour payoff. Absolutely no fallout and no powderiness.
The category comprises of 7 shades with smooth and shimmery finish.
- 05 YAWATSUMUGI : a sugar brown with fine pink shimmers
- 06 SUZUKINU: a modern and edgy grey-brown with gold shimmers
- 07 SAKIIROKA: a chic, muted multidimensional purple, such a complex and elegant shade
- 08 SUZUAOI: cool medium dark blue
- 09 KIFUU: a unique, herbal-green with gold shimmers
- 10 RYOUKA: a cool-toned, rosy pink
- 11 TOUYOU: a vivid, volcanic orange
I have thoroughly enjoyed re-creating inspo looks on SUQQU.com and add my own personal touches sometimes.
There are 4 shades in this category with a reflective and glittery finish. They are made with larger shimmer particles to reflect light and with heavier oils to keep the shimmers from shedding. These don’t have the SUQQU embossing in the pan.
- 12 AKIHOTARU: a light rose gold that is quite translucent. This is the most glittery shade in this series. It is perfect to layer for the extra oomph to any eye look
- 13 KOUSHI: a sparkly light purple with cool multi-coloured shimmers
- 14 ENKA: a warm toned light orange with sparkling gold shimmers
- 15 OBOREBOSHI: a translucent black with multi-coloured shimmers, like stardust in the night sky
These shades speak to my soul! They give you a gorgeous pop of life. Use it with a glitter base for a full blown intensity.
All shades in this new series look effortless on their own as well as on layering for more complex looks. My favourite shades from this series are 1, 4, 7, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
I love these from the first release (here). The formula is truly impressive, they last all day without cracking yet extremely easy to remove.
SUQQU has been introducing colour liquid liners and I have loved every single one. The colours are sophisticated and amazingly wearable. They simply speaks elegance!
There are 3 limited edition shades available in this collection.
- 103 CHIC KHAKI: a khaki that adds that edgy and chic definition to the eyes. Perfect for the greys and greens in this collection
- 104 AUTUMN ORANGE: this is such a complex shade! an orange that emits a sparkly, red-bronze lustre! Stunning!
- 105 CAT PINK: a beautiful vivid pink
These coloured liners really do complete the eye looks, enhancing the alluring and smouldering finish of the eyeshadows.
If you like hydrating lipsticks then you need to try these! They are balmy and super comfortable on! Amazing for dry and textured lips.
In this collection, the shades are very interesting, unique and beautiful, dusky tones with multi-coloured glitters for that multi-dimensional and complex finish.
- 11 RINKU: a muted, dusky rose
- 12 KINICHOU: an unique chestnut brown
- 111 FUSUBEIRO (limited edition): a sparkly chocolate with cool multi-coloured shimmers, it’s so pretty and wearable!
- 112 FUYUHANABI (limited edition): a dazzling aurora pink, with fluorescent pink and blue shimmers
- 113 KUROURUMI (limited edition): a glittery translucent black that can be layered over other colours to add depth and complexity
My favourite shade is 102 JYUMITSU, a shade that I didn’t think I could wear. I also love layering 112 over 111 and 113.
These limited-edition Water Color Lip Inks capture the unique lustre of URUSHI lacquerware.
- 101 MIZUURUSHI : a natural red
- 102 JYUMITSU: a golden orange
- 103 SUMIKASANE : a natural plum
Honestly, I didn’t think I would enjoy these as much as I do! It’s a hybrid between lip oil and gloss. I love the non-stickiness and the weightless feel. The Lip Inks also contain menthol to give you that fresh sensations and plumper lips. It feels ultra nourishing and hydrating on my dry lips. My lips look juicy and pouty! #obsessed
On their own, they offer a light tint that’s perfect if the focus of your look is your eyes. The lush lustre lasts really well up to 3/4 hours.
My favourite combo is Moisture Rich Lipstick 12 KINICHOU and Water Color Lip Ink 102 JYUMITSU; a lush, beautiful and chic beige look.
The new AW colours for nails take inspiration from nature.
- 118 NIBISUNA (Charcoal Brown)
- 119 KOIGAKI (Persimmon Orange)
- 120 SUKASHIYO (Clear Navy)
SUQQU UK Autumn/Winter 2019 Colour Collection is available at Selfridges from 8th August, at Harrods & Fenwick Bond Street from 22nd August.
This is indeed an extensive and breath-taking collection. Has anything caught your eyes?
Much love always,
This post featured products that were generously provided for review consideration. As always, opinions are my own and unbiased.