If you don’t get blemishes often, I ENVY you! It is such a struggle for me to achieve a calm, blemish-free skin ever since my teenage years. I blame it on my naturally very oily skin!
Firstly, let’s talk about how blemishes are formed.
1. A blemish usually begins with blocked pores, which can be caused by increased sebum (the natural oil we produce).
2. The extra sebum can block the pores, inhibiting the natural flow of sebum. Sebum and dead skin cells can build up behind the blockage to create a comedone (blackhead or whitehead).
3. The environment inside the blocked pore is ideal for bacteria to thrive in. These bacteria lead to the inflammation under the skin that causes the red, painful effects of blemishes.
To avoid blemishes, I endeavour to exfoliate often to avoid the build-up of dead skin (read about my favourite peel here). However with my hormonal fluctuations, high stress level and the constant switching of skincare as well as makeup products, the blemishes are here to stay.
When I learned that the award-winning Verso Skincare (full review here) has added Blemish Fix to the range, I jumped at the chance to try it out!
Now let’s talk ingredients. Verso Blemish Fix contains:
- Retinol 8 (a stabilised vitamin A complex that’s eight times as potent as traditional retinol and half as irritating.): unclogs pores and breaks the acne cycle by normalising turnover rate of pore-clogging skin cells
- Niacinamide: inhibits the production of pore-clogging sebum
- Turmeric: helps to reduce acne-caused inflammation
Verso Blemish Fix is a lightweight gel that’s absorbed quickly. I find Blemish Fix works well with my other skincare layers. I haven’t noticed any irritation or dry patches since I started incorporating Blemish Fix into my routine.
I started applying Blemish Fix all over my face once at night after cleansing and toning then increased to twice daily a few days later. After 3 weeks of use, I have almost no new spots appearing. My complexion is calm and clear! My base makeup goes on much smoother and appear flawless. This is amazing as I’ve travelled to New York during this time, slept VERY little and struggled with serious jetlag.
The three star ingredients are not new to me, however as a combination in Verso Blemish Fix it really has performed wonders on my skin.
Needless to say, Verso Blemish Fix will be treasured in my skincare routine!
You can find Verso Blemish Fix on Cult Beauty.
Do you struggle with blemishes? What do you use to take control?
Thank you for being here today!
Much love always,
This post featured products that were generously provided for review consideration. As always, opinions are my own and unbiased.